Incredible Inflatable Aero Dancer
Build a zany inflatable tube dancer that uses the physics of flowing air to perform its eye-catching moves. Like the air dancers and tube men you may have seen around your town, this motorized device uses a blower motor and a fabric tube to slink, shimmy, and shake around. Assemble the model to learn about its inner mechanisms, including fan and electric circuit, complete with battery, motor, and switch. Conduct four fun additional experiments that demonstrate principles in air pressure, air flow, and aerodynamics. Make a ball float on a stream of air, practice your aim in a game of air basketball, and launch balls into the air with the air cannon. This hands-on kit brings physics to life as it demonstrates the power of air pressure at work. An eight-panel, full-color manual guides your model building with step-by-step illustrated instructions.
- Build a model that “dances” on air – over one foot tall!
- Assemble and decorate your own inflatable tube dancer.
- Adjust the blower to change the dancer’s motion.
- Conduct experiments to learn lessons in air pressure, airflow, and aerodynamics.
- Learn about gears and circuits as you assemble the fan.
- Includes fun, hands-on activities like air basketball, a floating ball trick, and an air cannon.